Logging

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Hi

Does this framework support logging the test results to desktop? I mean when I execute tests on WP7, how can I get the results back to desktop?

Thanks

Jul 29, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Hi

at this moment it is not posible to send it to the desktop.

But it is a good idea and i write it on the future feature list.

Do you have an idea how to implement it? File System Access is not aviable.

Perhaps via Client/Server Pattern via the Network or if you are in the Debugger via the Debug.Print in the output Console. But than you only can log Text, no template data.

If you have an Implementation idea, post it.

Jul 29, 2010 at 4:39 PM
Hi
Thanks for the response

One solution I can think of is to create a web service on desktop, simple service with one web method SaveData(text) - which basically writest this text to file on desktop
Consume (add web service reference) this web service from windows phone application and call web method to pass string to web service.

thanks
shashikant

To: [email removed]
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 01:52:03 -0700
Subject: Re: Logging [WPTestLib:221625]

Hi
at this moment it is not posible to send it to the desktop.
But it is a good idea and i write it on the future feature list.
Do you have an idea how to implement it? File System Access is not aviable.
Perhaps via Client/Server Pattern via the Network or if you are in the Debugger via the Debug.Print in the output Console. But than you only can log Text, no template data.

If you have an Implementation idea, post it.

Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (WPTestLib@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email WPTestLib@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com